Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Hearts are Hurting

Our precious Belle passed away tonight. We thought she might be okay and would get to come home but this afternoon she died of complications with her heart, lungs and possibly a blood clot. Her doctors did several tests over the last two days and it turns out that she had a lot going on and that we would probably have had to make a decision tomorrow. I guess the one good thing is we didn't have to make that decision. You know, that was Belle, she never caused problems. She was so easy going and she lived to please us. She never acted like she was in pain even up until the time she passed away. She just went to sleep in her doctor's arms (he had been her doctor since we got her). When the doctor called and said she had suddenly taken a turn for the worse we rushed up to the clinic but she died before we could get there. We got to see her and pet her. We all cried, talked and even laughed about the many experiences with Belle over the last 13 years. I was wrong in my previous post. She would have been 13 years old this July.
We buried her tonight and now we just have to take it one day at a time. Of course everything we do and everything we walk by, reminds us of her. We can see her in every room of our house and tonight when we go to bed she won't be beside us. We threw away her thyroid medicine, put her bowl in the dishwasher, and put her scarf in the dirty clothes to wash. There will be many other circumstances and reminders of Belle in the next few weeks. Our hearts and arms ache to hold our Belle and the tears are flowing. She brought a lot of fun and happiness into our lives. She will be missed but we are thankful for the good times we had with her.
We love you our "sweet Belle".

5 comments:

K Storm said...

I know how special she has been to you. She was a sweet little girl.

Tracy said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Jeremy and Christy said...

You are breaking my heart. I am so glad she went peacefully. I hope AEH is handling it okay. I'm sorry for your loss.

TRP said...

OH, I'm so sorry....I know it hurts...Savor the memories!

The Family Bond said...

She was a sweet SouthernBelle. I know you miss her but time will ease pain and the tears will be replaced with smiles.