Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

Crawling

EMH started crawling last week. So at 9 1/2 months he decided that he wanted to be on the move. He can get anywhere he wants too and is pulling up on things as well. Last Tuesday is when he started. I was cooking supper and I had sat him in our bedroom to play with some of his toys on the floor and I realized that I had not heard him in the last few minutes. I went in to find that he had made his way over to where we have the monitor plugged in and he had unplugged it and was chewing on the cord. :o Yikes! So needless to say we have had to do a little baby proofing. All of our blinds are pulled up, outlet covers are in place, the kitchen cabinets have the baby proof latches on them, the fireplace has a baby gate in front of it, Bonnie's dog bowl gets moved several times a day and many other things have been moved and put away. This morning I had to retrieve from his mouth a loose bead that came off of one of sister's necklaces. Thank goodness he was right under my feet and out of the corner of my eye I saw him put something in his mouth. Somehow it had found a way onto the kitchen floor. Her room is definitely off limits but it's going to be hard to prevent stuff like that. Lately he has just been following me around. I kind of feel sorry for him because by the time he gets to me, I am off to doing something else. He gets stuck under the kitchen table a lot and bumps his head. He hasn't figured that one out yet. I was too panicked to get a picture of him with the monitor but I have gotten a few more.

"Hmmm, this drawer looks interesting."

"Too heavy...can't get it open."

"If Bonnie can get through this then maybe I can????" I just realized when looking at this picture that I missed an outlet plug.

"Why are you taking a picture of me mommy? I am busy."

3 comments:

Jeremy and Christy said...

He really is everywhere, isn't he?! I can't believe he is old enough to be crawling!

K Storm said...

Look out world!!

It is different with the second child crawling, huh? Seems like when big sis's toys start having little pieces is when you have to be extra careful. Barbie shoes, jewelry, etc. I would decide what to by Sissy by seeing how many little parts the toy had with it.

The Family Bond said...

vroom, vroom!