Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

We have had a great Father's Day weekend. We celebrated with my dad on Friday night over at our house and today we celebrated with Mr. L over at he and Ms. Judy's house.
We missed getting to see SLH's dad in Chattanooga... wish we could have topped it off with seeing him. We are both so blessed with loving and Godly fathers. What an example they have been of our heavenly Father. Of course we think we have the best fathers in the whole world. :)
The kids gave SLH a famous "Father's Day shirt" and a sweet card this morning. Audrey gave SLH a card that you can record your message on it and this is what she said..."I give my daddy a perfect diamond ring and I love you, under God." Now let me explain. We have been dealing with, and she has been talking about how she wants to marry him. When I say he is my husband and that she can't marry her daddy, she gets upset. What a compliment that is to SLH that his daughter loves him so much and thinks the world of him that she wants to marry him. The "Under God" part is her getting a little confused with the pledges that we did at VBS. :) She just kind of throws that in to some things, especially her prayers. My mom made SLH a memory book for EMH to give him and it is so cute!
SLH is such a hands on dad and he loves spending time with our children. I know God blessed us with two precious children but God also blessed them with a Godly father who loves them unconditionally and wants nothing but the best for them.
We had a great Father's Day weekend and we thank God for the Fathers in our life!
This morning after church.

My dad and AEH...or should I say "Ariel".

Mr. L and SLH

EMH giving SLH his memory book.

Memory Book

AEH giving SLH his card.

This is how SLH ended the day...doing what he loves to do.

1 comment:

Kellye said...

What a beatiful family Stephanie! The kids are just precious! I had no idea they were adopted...I would never know! I think Audrey looks SO much like you!