Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh, What a Monday!

Well I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but while I was on my way taking AEH to school this morning...I RAN OUT OF GAS! HA! However, it wasn't funny at the time. I was stopped for just a few minutes because of a wreck and my car did something funny and I actually thought the person behind me bumped me, but when I looked back they were not even close to me. So, the police officer motioned for the traffic to continue and as I was going over the railroad tracks(oops) I realized that I was OUT OF GAS! I made it across the tracks and pulled into a business and CALLED SLH. YIKES!! He laughed and couldn't believe it. We were trying to decide who to call and guess who got the honors. My friend HB! I called her and told her and of course she laughed too. She loaded her two boys up, got the gas can, went and got some gas and came to our rescue. HB made a bump in my morning as easy as possible. She was there in no time and we were on our way. Thanks HB! We GOT GAS immediately and I took AEH on to school. While we were waiting for HB this was the conversation (if you can call it that) in the back seat.

AEH - "EMH, we runned out uh gas"

EMH - "Huh!"

I just laughed and thought how funny for her to tell him and think he cared or understood and how on cue his "huh" was. All he cared about at that point was that he had not had his morning bottle yet and he was HUNGRY!

Guess what? A post with no picture!! Needless to say I didn't have my camera in my car and I had definitely not planned on this. Wouldn't that have been great...a picture of HB in her pajamas putting gas in my car. A little bit in my defense, if you will...my gas light is not reeeeeally that easy to see. Okay, I know not a good excuse and if you know me then you know I am a fairly organized person. I don't remember ever doing this before, really. Oh well, it happened and it worked out fine. Thanks again to HB. I definitely owe you one.

Okay, I'm off to see what the rest of the day holds! Ha!

4 comments:

K Storm said...

That is too funny! I am sure that AEH will let us all know about it too!

rdc said...

Well there is this little thing on your dash that lets you know when you are low. It also has a light associated with it that will tell you when you REALY need to address the issue. Better get SLH to show you how this integral part of you car works. HAHA... I will not let you forget this for a while :)

The Family Bond said...

Glad I could come to the rescue and it was an honor for me to help a best friend, besides what better way to show that you are friend and to know that you are friend. What a great way for me to start a Monday, as heroin. Yes, i was still in my PJ's and so were the boys. I didn't take the time to change b/c all I could think about your babies in the car and it was COLD outside.

Hopefully this is not a sign of what is to come for the rest of week. I'll be around should you need me again.

TRP said...

I love it! So glad I'm not a lone ranger anymore! Glad you had a rescuer too! Hope the week goes better....