Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

A Fun Day of Shopping

My friend AC and I decided to take a trip to the Vicksburg Factory Outlet Mall yesterday. We had a great time just getting away. We commented on the way over about how we didn't have to spend allot of money and it was kind of an excuse just to get away, but of course you know that once we got there that we found more than enough that we liked. In fact, you could say we did our part in helping out the economy at the Vicksburg Outlet Mall. We went to the Gymboree and Carter's store first and when we got through we looked at our watch and realized that we spent 2 hours in just those 2 stores. Needless to say those were our favorite and where we spent most of our money. We did get a few more things in the Bass and Children's Place stores. We went in a couple of stores that we could have bought something for ourselves but we were both not interested in that. We just wanted to buy for the kids. We did try on some stuff in the Bass store but neither one of us liked what we tried on. You know, the kids are just so fun to buy for and they look cute in just about anything. :) I told AC on the way home that if you would have told me 5 years ago that I would go to a mall and not buy one thing for myself and not be interested in buying anything for myself... I probably wouldn't have believed you. I LOVE to shop and I don't see it as a burden or challenge, but as THERAPY.

Of course I showed SLH all my GREAT DEALS and he liked most of them. I like to tell him how much money I saved us, HA! He has always liked what I get for AEH (his favorite store is Gymboree for her) but if you have girls then you know how easy it is to shop for them. We are having a little disagreement on some things I get EMH. He likes for him to look all boy. The smocked boutique clothing is just not what he likes for his boy. I asked him to let me have fun this first year and then he can get more involved in choosing what to buy EMH. I understand what he means about how we dress him and I'm glad he cares.

I had to be back for a tennis match at 3:30 so we actually didn't get to look in all the stores. It's amazing because that mall is pretty small and you would think that it wouldn't take long to shop, but I guess our first 2 hours took up our time. Ha! We laughed and said how in the world we could spend that much time there and still not see everything. We did make it to the Pizza Inn that was around the corner for some lunch before we headed home. It was a fun day and I highly recommend making the trip to Vicksburg. They have some great kids stores and of course some GREAT DEALS! :)


My loot...AC bought just as much :)







I found some of AEH's favorite kind of pajama's.

3 comments:

K Storm said...

Sounds like fun! One day I need to get over there and find some deals.

Jeremy and Christy said...

Rileigh loves those footie pajamas too! Why is that? She always ends up frantically unzipping them as she dances to the potty and then complains that she is freezing! BUT she always wants to wear them! Glad you guys had fun. We should all take turns driving and go there every once in a while!

MASpell said...

cute stuff...I think I'm going to make a trip during Spring Break. Hopefully Gymboree will have some cute play stuff :)