Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day At Our House

We have had a fun Valentine's weekend at our house! We started it off with AEH's school Valentine's party on Friday. She had allot of fun and of course got allot of candy (her favorite thing in the whole wide world) :) The weather was pretty yucky so we headed to McDonald's with some friends after the party and she got to get some play time in.
Friday night MeMe and Ampy kept AEH and EMH while mommy and daddy went to Amerigo's to eat! The food was great! We had reservation's so they got us in and out pretty quickly...if you know SLH then you know how he does not like to wait. We had ordered a new baker's rack for the kitchen and it was ready for pick up so we went and got that. It was nice to spend time just the two of us for a change. I am so glad he's my Valentine!

AEH and EMH got lots of Valentine's Happy's from their grandparents. JuJu brought over some goodies on Thursday from she and Granddad, Granna and Grandaddy sent a package in the mail and MeMe and Ampy had some things for them on Friday night.

We opened our gifts today. SLH gave me a gift cert. for a pedicure which I so desperately need and I got him a couple new shirts. We gave EMH a swing for the swing set and some wrist rattles. AEH got a new Strawberry Shortcake video and some new praise music for the car.

I'll never forget what my mom and dad did for me all throughout my high school years on Valentine's Day. They sent me some flowers and balloons every year and the only thing on the card was "Keep Smiling Keep Shining"...if you remember this song from the 80's, it was one of my favorite. I never knew until my senior year who had been sending me these. It was a big deal at my school to get something sent to you on Valentine's Day. Some years I got flowers from boy friends and the years I didn't, I always at least got these, and of course the more you got the better it was. You know they really thought this out, because had they told that it was from them then it would have seemed very corny, but by not knowing, my friends and I thought I had a secret admirer. That was something very special that I will never forget. Thanks mom and dad!

We are staying home tonight and cooking some shishkebabs on the grill. It has been a great Valentine's weekend and I am so glad that I have all my "loves" to share it with. Hope you have had a great one too!

1 comment:

awc said...

Those are great pictures!!! Again..very impressed at your slide show and how technically advanced you have become in your blogging!! Glad y'all had such a GREAT weekend!!! :)