Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 16, 2009

No Nap for Mommy Today

JuJu came and picked up AEH today for some one on one time with her. They had some fun things planned from the Science Museum to her favorite eating place, McDonald's. She asked JuJu at the Museum if she could buy one of the snakes and it wasn't one in the gift shop. YIKES!! My child really doesn't understand my fear of those things.

Well that left EMH and I to decide how we would spend our day. EMH usually takes a short nap in the morning and a long one in the afternoon, but today he did the opposite. The long morning nap did give me a chance to dust, sweep, vacuum and mop the dining room and living room and it is so much easier to clean or do anything with one child instead of two.

It feels so good to at least have one room cleaned.



After EMH woke from the morning nap, he played in his exersaucer and jumperoo and then ate some lunch. After lunch we played a little with some of his toys in his room and then I could tell he was getting sleepy. So I rocked him for just a few minutes and he was sound asleep. Yea, now I'm thinking of taking a little nap myself. I have been sick this weekend with a bad sinus infection and a nap would be great, especially on a dreary, rainy day. I spent about 15 minutes checking e-mails and then I go get in the bed, that never got made this morning... I think I was planning this nap from the time I woke up this morning.:) I was in the bed for about 5 min. and I hear on the monitor what I feared...EMH waking up. I went in 2 times and put his pacifier in and turned his lullabies on and well let's just say my nap wasn't meant to be. Oh well, the medicine that I am taking makes it hard to sleep anyway.

This is how I found him the third time. He was definitely not wanting to nap anymore.


AEH is spending the night with JuJu and Granddad and SLH is picking up Nagoya for dinner. I am so excited! I have not been able to taste food for two days now and I am really wanting their caterpillar roll. Sounds good, huh. It really is. :)

Well, that's how our spring break started out. Gotta go, EMH is calling...he's probably ready for that afternoon nap, now. :)

Update: Sure enough I put EMH is his swing and he is out cold at 5:45 p.m.

3 comments:

K Storm said...

That sweet boy has the best smile!! Sorry you didn't get your nap. Maybe you can have an early bed time after your Nagoya!

Unknown said...

That is exactly how my naps go? I think they have a camera in my room and as soon as my head hits the pillow and my eyes clothes the monitor starts screaming at me :) Better luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Sushi sounds so good. I had a bad sinus infection all last week. Fortunately, I was able to sleep a lot. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Aren't kids funny? ....it is like they can sense when you want to lay down.