Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Spend the Night Fun




AEH had a friend (I will refer to her as "AA") over to spend the night last week. Well, not exactly. She didn't end up spending the night but they did get to spend the afternoon/early night together and they had a great time!
AA's little brother had a terrible accident a week ago involving a trailer gate and he was still in the hospital, so we asked her to come home from school with us and spend the night.

They played dress up and ate popcorn...

AEH's gymnastics teachers let AA join in on her lesson.
Here they are ready to go!



We went to Pizza Inn and had dinner. They had face painting this night and the girls loved it!


Then we went home and they played a little more, got baths, brushed teeth and got in the bed.

They look really happy don't they. Well that didn't last long. The lights went out and it all broke loose. AA had been telling us that she needs a "grown up" to lay with her until she goes to sleep. So I decided that the girls and I would sleep in mine and SLH's bed and SLH would sleep in AEH's bed. AA got upset when the light's went out and told AEH that "this is not normal, I need my mommy". We could tell pretty quickly that the spending the night was not going to happen. So we called AA's mom and told her and decided that we would go ahead and take her back to her mommy and daddy. Well while I was on the phone with AA's mommy, AEH starts crying hysterically and tells AA that "you tricked me, you told me you were going to spend the night". They were now both crying and when SLH got AA in the car she told him that she was so sad that AEH was crying. SLH and I were just trying not to laugh because they were just so serious in their on way. AEH ended up being fine and I know AA was happy to be back sleeping with her parents.
It will definitely be an experience that we will never forget and I'm sure it will be told many times throughout their lives.
P.S. AA's little brother is home now and improving more everyday. We are all so happy about that!

1 comment:

K Storm said...

Girls are so funny and full of drama! One minute everything is rosy and the next they just don't know. I know that AA had fun...she was telling me about the good time she had with AH.