Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fun in New Orleans



We took a little family trip to New Orleans this past weekend. SLH had heard about a Marathon there and decided he would do something he had never done before, RUN. He talked to his brother Todd, who has done several Marathons and they decided to take the families and meet up in New Orleans for the weekend.
They did the half marathon which is 13 miles. I was so proud of him. He had been training for several months and he DID IT! He started out just running to the end of our street and back. I'm not sure I could even run to the end of our driveway.:) SLH is very disciplined and when he puts his mind to something, he can do anything. He is going to keep up his running and he is talking about doing another one soon.
We were in New Orleans on Saturday and Sunday and we packed in a lot. We went to the Insectarium, Aquarium,took a Horse and Carriage ride, and SLH did the race. We ate well too...Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gumps, Deanie's Seafood and of course some Beignets at Cafe Du Monde.
SLH grew up in New Orleans. Another fun and special thing was seeing SLH's old stomping grounds and the house he grew up in. I wish I would have gotten a picture but it was dark when we went by.
We had a great time! AEH and EMH loved being with their cousins. They are such good kids and they are so sweet to AEH and EMH. My sister-in-law and bother-in-law have raised some very polite and caring kids. I mean honestly, not one time did I see conflict. How is that possible with three boys? I would really like to find out their secret! :)

Their sweet family!

AEH and her cousin Jarrod. She calls him her husband. I know, we are trying to explain that one. :)

Me and my sister-in-law Toni.

Having fun at the Aquarium.



EMH is looking up at the fish above him.


Sacked out! We did a lot of walking.

Getting signed up for the race.

Eating Beignets.



Open wide!

EMH loved this dinosaur.

Horse and Carriage Ride

Insectarium

Bubba Gumps

1 comment:

K Storm said...

I was very impressed when S told us he was running in the 1/2 marathon! That is great and how wonderful you were able to make a little family trip out of it. Older cousins that A can look up to is a special thing!