Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Australian Open

I don't think any of my blogging friends are tennis fans but I wanted to tell you what my TV will be tuned into this week and next week when I am at home and am able to watch it. The Australian Open. I think I enjoy watching tennis as much as playing tennis.


Fourteen years ago at my first job out of hygiene school, some co-workers and I stopped by Parham Bridges Tennis Center on our lunch break to get some info about tennis lessons. Well, it was history from there. I began taking lessons and eventually joined a beginner's team. I started out as a 2.5 and I am now a 4.0. I have also developed some special friendships through tennis. Some of you know how competitive I am. Even on our spa trip, I was taking that scattegories game pretty seriously. I play on a day league that plays on Tuesday mornings(which doesn't take up family time at night) and a night league that plays on Thurs. night. I am fortunate to have a husband that will come home after a long day at work and take care of the kids so that I can go play. He likes for me to play and if I haven't played in a while he always encourages me to get back out there. I am happy to say that he will actually be playing this spring too. He hasn't played in the last couple of years and I am glad that he will be getting back out there as well. You are probably wondering if we sometimes play together and the answer is no. We tried that a few years ago and we didn't leave the court very happy and yes, I was the problem. :) You won't see many married couples playing together. It usually just doesn't work. I am not a big fan of mixed doubles anyway.


I say all this to say. I enjoy getting out and away to do something that I enjoy and that is just for me. I think we all need that. If we take care of ourselves then it helps us better take care of our family. It may not be tennis or anything sports related but if you don't already have something that you do for yourself then I encourage you to find something.


Even our pups Belle and Bonnie are sporting their tennis bandannas this week.















3 comments:

K Storm said...

Enjoy your tennis. I plan to encourage Sissy to take lessons soon. I only play on the Wii and little guy beats me. But I smoke him on bowling!!

The Family Bond said...

I like playing tennis. I wish I had your free time to play. enjoy and good luck.

Jeremy and Christy said...

I want to play tennis so badly!! I can't play with Jer either. When he beats me, I get really ugly...and he pretty much always beats me. Are your puppies yorkies? Our family pup growing up was a cute little yorkie named Buttons. He was so sweet!