Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

22 Months Old

Our "little man" is 22 months old today! He is growing up way too fast! I am reminded when I am no longer saying his name in months and when people ask me how old he I tell them he will be TWO in September. YIKES!! We are starting to think about what to do for his birthday in 2 months. I hope these next two months go by really slow.
He seems to be right on track developmentally for his age. People continue to notice how well he is talking. In fact a friend at church today that kept him in the nursery was commenting on it to SLH. He repeats everything we say. We call him our "little parakeet".
I think it is safe to say that he is at the beginning stage of the terrible two's. He is throwing fits pretty easily when things aren't going his way. He throws things, throws himself down and gets really mad. He tells us to hush and be quiet when we tell him not to do something...we are working on that one. When we are at home and he comes and tells us bye-bye, we know to go see what he is about to do because it is most always something that he is not suppose to be doing.
His favorite thing to do right now is turn light switches on and off. He will find anything to stand on and move under a light switch so that he can turn it on and off. He has fallen a few times but it is amazing how that doesn't seem to deter him from doing it again.
He still loves all forms of transportation...airplanes, trucks, boats(especially granddad's),helicopters, fire trucks, motorcycles, etc.
We love that he is exploring and learning new things. He is all boy, except on occasion when he is wearing AEH's shoes, carrying a purse or playing with a baby doll...the perks of having an older sister. My brother did all that too and he survived it.

He was outside with SLH on Saturday while SLH was cutting the grass and I looked out the window and saw this.

"I can cut the grass like daddy."

"Look, I can even pull it behind me like daddy does."

EMH loves his big sister and loves having fun with her!
The other day while they were jumping on the trampoline and I was watering my plants, I decided to give them a little squirt with the water hose. Well, you can see from the next two pictures what that led too. EMH kept saying "do it agin momma". They loved it! AEH was even in her gown for the trampoline and water hose fun.



He is a special little guy, our EMH and we love him SO very much!!!

2 comments:

awc said...

He is SO stinkn' cute!! And I too--LOVE to hear him talk!! Love the picture of him following behind SLH!! So adorable!!!

K Storm said...

We just love to see these little ones grow up! So cute!