Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Captain Roddy's Boucan Dip

I wanted to share a recipe that we really like and has been a huge hit. I have taken it to several parties in the last couple of months and it is gone within minutes. I always have several people who want the recipe. The marinade is Captain Roddy's Boucan Glaze. You can get it at several places in our area... Everyday Gourmet, Paul's Meat Market (by Highland Village), Brock's Salon/Gift's(in Maywood Mart), Ace Hardware (in Maywood Mart), and I'm sure other places but these are just some places where I have found it. Brock's Salon has been the cheapest, 10.00. You can make 3 recipes with one bottle.

By the way when I was taking this picture the other day, SLH looked at me like I was crazy and said "What are you doing?". I said I wanted people to know what it looked like so they would know what to look for. Men just don't understand these things.

Captain Roddy's Boucan Dip:

8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 Green Onions, chopped
Mix(I just stir with a spoon) all together. Put in a greased (I use Pam spray) quiche dish and top with 6 crushed Ritz Crackers(regular Ritz Crackers).
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Top with 8 slices of crumbled cooked bacon and then pour 1/2 cup of Marinade on top.
Serve with crackers.

Until recently, I didn't have a quiche dish so I just used a glass pie plate dish and it worked fine.
I like the air crisp Ritz Crackers or the Air Crisp Wheat Thins the best for dipping.


Yum, yum! Wish I had some right now!

I am also going to post it on the blog "Taste and See". If you look under the list of blogs I follow in the right hand margin, you will find it and there are a lot of other good recipes from my friends on there.

2 comments:

K Storm said...

A friend brought that to our PTO Board Christmas party and I fell in love with it...I just pretend there is no mayo.

MASpell said...

I had that a couple of months ago at Bunco and immediately went to Everday Gourmet and bought some. The lady at the store acted like I was crazy when I asked her if they sold it....she said it was one of the hottest Christmas gifts that they sold!! She couldn't believe I hadn't heard of it.