Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dressed Alike

AEH and EMH were dressed alike for church this morning. I have always liked to see siblings dressed alike and while they don't care, I am taking advantage of it. AEH liked it. She kept telling people at church that she and her brother looked alike.

Not sure what they were doing in this picture.



EMH graduated from the bed babies today at church. It was a little sad because our little boy is growing up and not an infant anymore. I guess they call this age the toddler age. SLH and I kept his class today for extended session. There were 6 children and they were all so cute and very good. They don't really play together at this age but they were so fun to watch. EMH didn't seem to be bothered by us being in there. He didn't seem jealous or clingy to us. He just played and had fun. He adjusts pretty well and doesn't seem insecure. We are glad for that.

Now, we did have our first temper tantrum yesterday. I was the only one here to witness it and I wish I would have gotten a video of it. He kicked, rolled around on the floor and screamed. I asked him if he was hungry or sleepy and if he wanted milk. Usually when he is upset it is one of these. I finally just put him in his high chair and after a little bit he did settle down and eat. I think it was hungry and sleepy. He was just so mad, he couldn't even decide what he wanted. AEH never really had temper tantrums, she was just defiant and said no. This is new. Maybe a boy thing. I am sure we will see another one pretty soon. Maybe I can get it on video. :) It would be great to have to show him one day.

We have a busy week. Both of them have checkup appointments tomorrow. AEH will get the dreaded 5 year old shots. I hear it's pretty bad and there are several.

I have two continuing ed courses this week and a couple of tennis matches.

AEH has her friend MC's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese and she is looking forward to that.

We are taking AEH to the "Wizard of Oz" play Friday night. That is her favorite movie and if you remember, she was Dorothy this past Halloween. It will be fun to share this with her and see her enjoy herself. I even found her a smocked dress with the characters on it. She is SO excited and so are we.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

K Storm said...

I am taking Sissy to see the Wizard Friday night too! I am putting off the doctor appts a bit longer as susceptible as Boomer is to sickness...dreading the 5 year old shots! Hope all that goes well for you!

TRP said...

Love them dressed alike....So cute. As for temper tantrums, that must be a second child syndrome. SC has that problem too. Our 5 yr old shots come next month...not excited. LAter!