Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

This and That

AEH finished out her school year Tuesday. She will have a couple of weeks off and then she will go two mornings a week through June and July. The summer program is real laid back. They will play a lot outside, go swimming and will probably take some field trips.
We have Vacation Bible School in a week...yikes(this is reminding me of how much I need to do)! I am teaching preschool music. This will be my 5th year doing it. I really enjoy it. I have been trying to learn the songs and motions this week. I always say each year that it will be hard to top last year's songs, but I have liked the songs every year. Our theme this year is "Boomerang Express" and the two songs that I have learned are great!
Yesterday I went to my ENT doctor. I have been having drainage for several weeks and I finally decided that I had, had enough. He gave me some medicine, so hopefully it will clear up soon. We ended up staying out pretty much the whole day. My mom met us and I went and bought a booster seat for AEH and then mom treated us to Cheddar's. I finally got that Monte Cristo. It was sooo good. The wait and service was terrible because they were so busy, but I guess it was worth it.
Today we stayed at home and I cleaned and got caught up on housework. It was a good day to be in because it was raining here. I cooked tonight and we usually go out on Friday night but since we had take out from Newk's one night this week, and Nagoya another and my last night league match was this week so my tennis team went to Alumni House and SLH and the kids went to his mom's to eat. Anyway, I figured I had bypassed cooking long enough. We had Poppy Seed Chicken and Rice, Green Beans, Candied Carrots and Mini Sour Cream Biscuits. I was quite proud of myself, considering I had cleaned bathrooms and taken care of kids today as well. Ms. Judy you would be proud of my carrots. They weren't quite as good as yours but they were pretty good.

SLH thought I was crazy when I took a picture of the food on the stove. I could feel these eyes looking at me from behind and I turned around and he just laughed and shook his head and said "are you taking a picture for "that" blog". If you know SLH then you can probably guess what he thinks about this blogging. He thinks how do you have time to do it as well as reading other blogs... just not his thing.
While I was cooking dinner. I heard something going on in my living room. AEH had put her Snow White dress on and was singing to EMH and the song was none other than "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer"...I have no idea where that came from. Oh, and yes my living room looks like Romper Room these days, but I wouldn't have it any other way.:)

I took this picture of EMH this past Sunday after church. I try to take one around the first of each month for his baby book. It's hard to believe he is 8 months old. He is really wanting to get moving, he just can't get that big body going and he hates being on his stomach so he just falls forward and cries. Today I noticed that he will just sit there and rock back and forth as if to say "mommy help me". He has been such an easy baby but I have a feeling he is going to be into everything when he starts moving. He is very curious and ruff with stuff.

We have a pretty laid back weekend planned. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Christy said...

Mmmm, I want to come eat at your house! :)

awc said...

Love that picture of EMH!!Too cute! And I am with Christy, I wanna eat at your house!!!

TRP said...

Tell Stacy he'd better quit complaining about the blog...afterall, he got a great meal...those babies are too sweet!

K Storm said...

Love the pictures...sometimes a rainy day helps. I need to cook too.