Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beach Trip

Oh where do I begin. First let me say thanks to mom and dad for another wonderful family vacation. We all had a great time and it was so good to get away and spend time with family. We couldn't have asked for better weather. We had 3 good days of sunshine and the temperature was perfect. We stayed in a really nice condo in Perdido. We had fun from the beach, to the pool, playing a little tennis, shopping at Foley, and of course some good eating.

This was EMH's first trip away from home and he did great. He slept in his pack-n-play every night and for naps just like we were at home. He is such an easy going baby and adapts really well. He also did well on the ride to and from. I don't think he cried once in the car. We took a little swimming pool to put on the beach and he loved splashing in it. He liked sitting on the edge of the water and watching the waves come in, but we couldn't stay long because he also liked eating the sand. We tried out the pool and he liked that too. He just couldn't stay out too long at a time because the sun would just tire him out so quickly.


AEH went back and forth from the beach to the pool. We were happy to see how well she picked up on her swimming. She is right where she was at the end of last summer. She just couldn't get enough and it was hard to get her to go in each afternoon. She took some good naps and slept really well at night. SLH took her to an amusement park one night after dinner and she had fun riding rides and eating sorbet.


On Mother's Day morning I got a sweet card and necklace from the kids. The necklace has their names and birthstones on it. It is so sweet and I am really enjoying wearing it. SLH gave me the day to go shopping at Foley. Yes girls, I did get me a new Coach purse. KS you will be happy to know that I didn't spend quite as long picking one out this time.:) My mom always gives me something from the kids for Mother's Day and this year AEH gave me a cute pink tennis hat that she signed her name on inside the hat and EMH gave me a little scrapbook photo album that my mom made titled, "Me and My Mommy". It is so cute and sweet. My mom got some cards and a Chi Flat Iron from all of us.




More pictures on a slide show.

5 comments:

awc said...

Those are some GREAT pictures!! And good idea about the pool by the beach!!! :) Glad y'all had such a good time!!!

Tracy said...

I had never thought of the kiddie pool on the beach idea before..that is so cool!! Looks like everyone has a fantastic time!

Jeremy and Christy said...

looks like you guys had fun! where in perdido did you guys stay?

Will and Carley said...

fun! fun!

K Storm said...

So glad you had a very special Mother's Day weekend!

Also glad you didn't spend as much time in the Coach store making your choice! ;)