Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Fishing With Granddad

Granddad took AEH and I fishing yesterday. My dad loves to fish and this may surprise some people but so do I. I have been going fishing with my dad since I was a little girl and could hold a fishing pole. I still try to go a couple of times a year with him. We decided it was time to let AEH go especially since we knew we wouldn't be out very long yesterday. Juju bought her a princess rod and a barbie life jacket, so she was ready. She loved it! We had a hard time getting her to hand over her princess rod when it was time to go. We fished until dark, for about 2 hours and she did great. I never dreamed she would have made it that long. If you know Audrey then you know how ACTIVE she is and how she doesn't stay at anything too long. She didn't like when we went fast in the boat but other than that she hung in there with us and is ready to go again.
My dad and I would always see who could catch the most. You know me and my competitive nature. I guess I know where I got that from. We'll I hate to say it (not really) but I won yesterday. The fish weren't biting good but I did manage to catch 3 white perch. My dad caught 2 and poor Audrey didn't catch any but she gave it her best shot. She had just as much fun playing with the minnows and catching lily pads.
We had a lot of fun and I hope we can find time to go back within the next couple of weeks while the weather is so nice.
AEH taking it seriously!

She caught a lily pad.

AEH took this. Don't I look lovely! Thank goodness for the sunglasses. ;)

Granddad and AEH

Helping drive the boat.

Talking to the minnow.

5 comments:

K Storm said...

That looks like so much fun. SS has been wanting to go and use his Spiderman fishing pole!

The 3 Amigos said...

Looks like Audrey had a GRAND time!! Case loves fishing in our pond...we haven't gone out in a boat yet, but I am sure he would just love it too!

Don't you just love this age....Case loves taking pictures of us too...I think she did a great job of gettin you in action! :)

This reminds me that I need to update Case's blog this weekend when I get some "spare" time!! HaHa

TRP said...

We took SJ last year and she caught 3 bream! She had the best time...although I don't mind baiting the hook...taking whatever off the line is gross....Miss you guys! Those babies are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

bv

Anonymous said...

come sit on grandpas lap and drive the boat, be a good girl and let grandpa get your pants off and see how far he can get his c--k in your tight little arse