Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

A Very Special Day!

It was just another ordinary Monday as I witnessed something that made me so happy that words can hardly describe.
We had just finished eating lunch and AEH came and asked me how much longer it would be before I put EMH down for a nap. She wanted to know because while he takes his nap she gets to watch a video and she was ready to watch a video. I told her to give me about 30 min. and I would put him down. I was cleaning up lunch dishes and I looked in her room and saw her trying to hold him. I quickly figured out that she was trying to get him to sleep on her own so that she could start watching her video. I didn't think much about it because he was squirming and I didn't think he would comply. About 10 min. later, I realized that I had not heard much coming from her room and I peaked around the corner and to my surprise, she was rocking and singing him a lullaby and he was sound asleep on her shoulder. I quickly grabbed my camera and video. It was the sweetest thing I think I have ever seen and AEH was so proud of herself.

Please forgive the mess in her room. We have been home all day and well, this is just what happens. :)
As she sings you will hear her correct herself as she sings the wrong words a couple of times and I am not sure where she got cotton roll for a part in this song???? I also like the way she is patting and shushing him (just like I do to him). :) What a priceless moment!!!

Our ordinary Monday turned into a "Very Special Day" that I am sure we will never forget!

9 comments:

Lorna said...

How Sweet!! Looks like AEH is a BIG helper like my Case!! I am gonna miss him when school starts!! Baylor just adores him!!

Malinda said...

That is so sweet. You brought tears to my eyes.

awc said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Love it!! :) And girl--she can sing!!! :) That is awesome!!

K Storm said...

Oh my...how precious is that!! A very sweet memory...

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet.

Susan B said...

SOOOO sweet!!!

The Family Bond said...

That's definitely a moment I'm glad you captured on camera. so you can remind them when they are older..that did actually love each other at one time! Thanks for sharing such sweet moments with us. It's refreshing to see these kind of moments amongst the chaos of the world.

Jeremy and Christy said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS.
Steph, you know I am a crier and this just brought huge tears to my eyes. Absolutely precious!!!!!

TRP said...

Oh Precious Jesus! Don't ever lose that video! sniff...sniff...