Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Bus Ride!!

I have an update on the bus ride. I was standing out waiting for her and the bus went past our house and on around the culdesac. I saw and heard him make a few stops.

And then I saw him coming back down our street. I must admit that I was a little nervous at this point. Wondering if she was on the bus and if he was going to stop.
And then right after I took this picture, he honked his horn and I knew she was on there!


AEH then, stuck her head out the window and yelled "MOMMY!!". Can you imagine how happy I was!!! I wish I could have been quick enough to get a picture. He stopped right at our driveway and as you can see she jumped off!


She got home at 2:40, so that means our street was probably the first stop and that she wasn't on the bus more that about 10 minutes. So much better than carpool. It took me 1 hour from the time I left home until we got back home the first day and the second day it took me 50 minutes. That was also with a 2 year old taking part of his nap in his car seat. She seemed to really like it and wanted to do it again. So as long as she likes it and as long as we don't suspect or hear about any problems, we will let her ride home in the afternoon. But if for any reason she wants me to start picking her up again, I will most definitely do it!
One day I am going to have to wake EMH up early so that he can see his sister get off the bus. He will love it!!!

2 comments:

K Storm said...

Yea! What a big girl! Proud of our little kindergartners!

awc said...

Yea!! So glad she loved it and it went well. I LOVE the picture of her jumping off!! :)