Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Home sick...

AEH is sick and we are staying in today from church. Long story short...I took EMH for his 1 year check up Friday and AEH woke up that morning sick. So she ended up getting checked too. She had fever when we got there and a headache and cold. They did a Flu test and it came back negative but they said it could just be too early to pick it up. Whatever it is... flu or virus, she is sick but getting better. She still had a little fever this morning and a runny nose. She was sad when SLH and EMH left for church without her. We are going have to find something fun for us to do this morning.

EMH would not look at the camera because he was too busy checking out one of his favorite things, WHEELS!

EMH's check up went good and he is on target with everything for his age. He got a shot in each arm and one in his leg. He was M-A-D! He doesn't even like to sit on the weighing scale. He and AEH are totally different when it comes to going to the doctor. We know that there will be a lot of screaming with him. He did muster up a "bye- bye" when we were leaving. He was glad to say those words. :)

As a mother this is one thing I don't like to do. Hold my children down while they get shots. I wish someone else could do this so that I don't have to be associated with it. I am not so sure that it comforts them for me to be there anyway. I don't want them to think that I am allowing them to get hurt. :( Just something that has always bothered me. AEH is right there to check it all out.


We are staying busy around here. AEH is still enjoying gymnastics but has yet to play a soccer game due to all the rain. They have practiced a couple of times though. Maybe we will get a game in this next week. She is enjoying school and has been getting green hearts regularly. YEAH!!! They are learning letters and numbers. She has been calling out letters on labels and anything else in the house with words on it.
SLH was in Paris last week. Yes, that is Paris, France. He was there for a quick trip with work. We all missed him greatly and are soooo glad he's home.
I am looking forward to my weekend get away with some of my girl friends in a couple of weeks. We are going on our annual trip to Gulf Shores. This will be our forth year and we always have sooo much FUN!
Tennis is back in full swing and I am enjoying that! I started working out a couple of months ago to try to get off about 5-10 pounds. I have been doing step aerobics, body pump and sport zone. I have succeeded and feel much better. Now I just need to maintain and keep it off. You know the age thing is catching up with me. I will be 38 in a couple of weeks and I just can't eat like I use to.

Well, I have a little sick girl here wanting my attention so we are off to find something fun to do!

1 comment:

K Storm said...

Sorry y'all were sick too...just no fun, is it?

You know Boomer is the one that would have fits at the doctor too...I feel for you. But know that he is so much better now and maybe little E will improve at the dr too.

I need a good laugh with some friends, a pedicure and some good ocean air (and no one calling "Mama" when you take a minute for yourself). How many more days is it until that trip?