Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays

It has been a busy couple of weeks, filled with birthdays. Between my family and SLH's family, we have 5 in September. We have had in order my dad's, EMH's, Ms. Judy (SLH's mom) and SLH's. My sister in law, "Aunt Suzi's" is next week. Needless to say we have had a lot of delicious "Aunt Gayla" cake. Not to mention that I am trying to do a little dieting. :)
With my family we just had a big get together last Saturday night and celebrated all of the birthdays at once. We even did mine since it is in early Oct. We had a great meal. One of my favorite, boiled shrimp. SLH got a digital photo frame and I got money to spend on my girls trip in Oct.
We celebrated Ms. Judy's birthday this past Monday at McDonald's. Yes, that is right. She wanted to do it there for the kids. It was fun even at McDonald's and we took our cake and presents in there and just had our own little party.
Blowing out the candles.

The Birthday girl!

We gave her some Volatile sandals.

AEH always makes some friends when she goes to McDonald's.

Tuesday was SLH's birthday. He turned the big 4-0. Yes, we celebrated his 40th and EMH's 1st. :0) SLH can be is a little sensitive about the whole age thing. I tell him that it will keep him young longer but he doesn't seem to see it that way. :)
We went to his parents on Tuesday night and celebrated with more great food and cake. Actually we are still eating cake from this past week. The kids and I gave SLH a couple of shirts and a new book. His parents gave him gift cards to Home Depot and the movie theater. And his standard every year for his birthday, a new LSU shirt.

SLH celebrating with his little princess. His mom said the glasses were flaming and symbolized that he was still "hot". :) I definitely think so! :)

EMH hanging out in the swing, taking it all in.

Now we have a couple of weeks before more cake for my birthday. :)

No comments: