Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

EMH is two!

EMH turned the big 2 this past Saturday. He is now an official toddler and not a baby. It is sad to leave the baby years behind but it is exciting to watch him grow and learn new things. He learns new things everyday and if asked, we can tell a funny thing that he said or did everyday. He is having some of the toddler fits and testing us to see what he can get away with. He told me today when I picked him up from school, "I pull Ms. Leta's hair". Ms. Leta is his teacher. I asked her if he did and she said no. He will tell you he did something wrong even when he didn't just to see your reaction. He did get in trouble for the first time at preschool last week for pulling hair. His teachers tell me that he has not done it again but we do realize that he probably will. :) The sweetest thing he is doing lately is singing. He can sing several songs in their entirety... "Kum Bah Yah", "Jesus Loves Me", " The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Happy Birthday". He also told me tonight as I was rocking him before bed, " I hold AM's hand". This is a little girl at his school that he likes and talks about a lot. I met her mom the other day in car pool and she told me that she hears about EMH a lot at her house too. Wow, they sure do start this stuff early!
We had a party at our house for EMH on his birthday. We rented a train and he LOVED it! Actually he wasn't so sure about it at first...



but he ended up really liking it and has talked about it a lot since. Meme found him a cute Train Conductor outfit. He wouldn't wear the outfit but he loved the hat! We also gave out train whistles to all the kids for their party favors.





He had the cutest cake that our friend Gayla made for him.

He loved being sang to and blowing out his candles. He keeps telling us "I blow out two candles".

EMH loved all his gifts!

He was a wild man on his truck that Juju and Granddad got him. We have definitely got to work on how to steer and drive it.

The kids enjoyed jumping on the trampoline and just playing around in the backyard. It is neat because EMH's friends (and our family friends) have children that are EMH's age and AEH's age. So AEH had just as many of her friends there as EMH. So much so that when everyone left she said "I really enjoyed my birthday party". This gave be an idea. I may have to combine their parties sometime. :)


Our friends/neighbors let us borrow a blow up jumper that they really enjoyed.

As the shirt says, "This little monkey is two". He had a great time at his party and so did we!!!




A big thanks to Aunt Suzi for taking the pictures. It was so good to not have to worry about taking pictures during the party and she has a much better camera and does a much better job than I do. I just hate that we didn't get any pictures of her. :(

1 comment:

K Storm said...

We just love that little guy...I can't believe he is 2 already!