Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Vacation Bible School / Stomach Virus/ Camping Out

We had a fun first few days at VBS before the AWFUL stomach virus hit. It has been going around rampantly at our church. We had a Sunday school party last Sunday and about 20 of the people that were there have gotten this virus. I had planned to help with VBS the first 3 days and then I would leave Thursday morning going to the State Tournament on the Coast with my tennis team. But, Thursday morning at 4 a.m. I woke up and by 6 a.m. it was in full force. At that point I didn't care if they were going to Hawaii, I was just trying to survive. After about twelve hours of misery, I could finally stand up and walk and then I was really missing that I didn't get to go. They are in the finals tomorrow and we will get to go to sectionals in July, so at least I can hopefully go to that, if nothing happens (I may quarantine myself the week before).
EMH got the virus on Tuesday afternoon but by Wednesday morning he was back to his normal self. I, on the other hand didn't get over it that quick. I was so weak and sore for a couple of days after. Children are so resilient and bounce back so much faster.
I taught the Preschool Music again this year at VBS. I really love doing this and the kids are just so cute. We had some great music this year. The theme was Saddle Ridge Ranch. AEH got to go everyday. EMH went the first two days.

Us on the first day at Saddle Ridge Ranch. AEH and I had so much fun wearing our boots, hats and cowgirl attire. If you look closely you can see red paint on EMH's shirt. They finger painted the first day and instead of painting paper, he painted his shirt. When I asked him what he painted, he said "sirt".

This is when I dropped off EMH. All of the kids were crying and Ms. Leslie, their teacher was still smiling. I was holding EMH when I took this picture. He wasn't sure what was going on. He loves "Ms.Eslie", she is his Sunday school teacher.

EMH loves riding in the bye-bye buggy.


This was during Worship Rally the first day! We were teaching them the theme song.

Some of the Preschool Music Team. We had so much fun together!

This is me and another friend of mine that was helping. She got sick with the virus after the first day.




AEH loved the songs and motions!


SLH is leaving for Canada tomorrow(work related trip) and won't be back until Thursday, so maybe he is in the clear of getting the virus. Hopefully AEH will not get it. She has a busy week this next week. She is doing a ballet camp in the mornings and swimming lessons in the afternoons.
SLH is such a great dad! AEH has been seeing the tents at VBS this week and wanted to get one and camp out in the living room. He took she and EMH to Walmart last night and bought them a tent and some marshmallows.

He roasted marshmallows outside on the grill for them.

They were loving those marshmallows.

EMH liked getting in the tent but he didn't want any part in sleeping there for the night. He wanted his bed. SLH and AEH slept there all night.

He even set up the DVD player so that they could watch a movie in the tent.

And, as I was just walking through the kitchen I found this.
He has already made pancake mix that is in the refrigerator. And, his griddle and spatula...

syrup and plates are ready for making us some pancakes in the morning.

We sure are gonna miss our daddy this week.:(

No comments: